10 Easy, Simple & Quick Steps to help you meditate.
1) If your head is really busy, write out worries, stressors or distractions onto paper or into a journal before attempting to meditate. Burn or shred pages if necessary.
2) Read an inspirational passage before meditating.
3)Read something funny that will make you laugh before you meditate to help your diaphragm relax
4) Try gentle stretching beforehand. Head and shoulders and face. It requires a certain amount of strength in your body to maintain good posture.
5) Try yoga postures – Salute to the Sun Yoga sequence is quick and easy.
6) Try Tibetan breathing. Breathe in and out to the count of 3, and increase to 4 or 5. Breathe from the belly, push your tummy out as you breathe in and pull your tummy in as you breathe out.
7) Sing or chant mantras.
8) Turn off your phone or place it on silent and minimize distractions so that you can fully relax.
9) Set an egg timer for the amount of time you want to meditate for. It could be as small as 1 minute
then build up the time from there. Then you will know when the time is up and not have to worry about it.
10) Do 10 deep long breaths in and out to calm down your physical body. If this doesn’t work, then do some daggy dancing for a couple of minutes to loosed up your body.Posted on: October 29, 2016, by : Bodhi Net